Tidal Town Theatre is a ‘data controller’; this means we’re responsible for making sure your personal data is secure, and is used in an appropriate way in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
At Tidal Town Theatre, we care about the trust our website visitors put in us. First of all, we want you to know that we will never sell, rent, or trade your e-mail with other businesses for marketing purposes. That’s not what we’re about. We only use your information internally to tell you about upcoming productions, offer you discounts, and to help us make your experience better.
Why we need your personal data
We need your data to provide you with an efficient and effective service. This data includes your personal details (e.g. name, e-mail) when you contact us online or join our Member list, anonymised information about your visit to our website (used by Google Analytics, Hotjar, and Facebook to help us improve our marketing and our site), and online data (e.g. IP address) not linked to any identifiable information to help us make your experience on our website as good as possible.
How we use your data
We use the data collected via our website or at sites like TicketSource (when you purchase a ticket) or Stripe (when you make a donation) to:
- Contact you about changes to your show (e.g., cancellation)
- Contact you with essential information about an event you have booked (e.g., pre-show e-mail, show details)
- Mailing, e-mailing or phoning you about a donation you’ve made (e.g., a ‘thank you’ e-mail)
- If you choose to sign up to our Member list, to e-mail you about upcoming productions, offer you a discount, or to let you know any other important information
- If you sign up to our Member list, to personalise Member e-mails, e.g., ‘Dear Alice’, instead of ‘Dear Madame’
- If you sign up to our Member list, to segment your voluntarily-given or transactional data to ensure you’re sent information that is relevant to you
- If you contact us via a contact form or by e-mail, to reply to your query
Your personal data is stored on a secure, password protected system. You have the right to review, amend, or delete this personal information at any time. To do so, e-mail your request to our data protection officer, Blas Barragan, Jr., at [email protected].
- To make certain that our website works correctly
- To improve the speed and security of the website
- To monitor website performance and improve the experience users have on our website
- To allow you to share our pages with social networks like Facebook or Twitter
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
When you visits tidaltowntheatre.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We also use another third party service, Hotjar, to create heatmaps of our website using anonymised data from user sessions. This helps us to understand whic areas of our pages are the most popular and which are rarely or never interacted with.
This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google or Hotjar to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
As part of the process of registering to join our Members list, we collect personal information. We use that information for a few reasons: to tell you about those things – like upcoming productions – that you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide you with any additional information; to segment our Members list in order to send you only relevant information; and to check now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t sell, rent, or trade e-mail lists with other organisations or businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our Member e-mails. We gather statistics around e-mail opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer, Blas Barragan, Jr., at [email protected].
We may share anonymised personal information with other organisations, particularly as Arts Council England who use this information to analyse our audience development programmes, ticket sales, and self-generated funding to understand the impact of the public investment made in Tidal Town Theatre.
Many of the Tidal Town Theatre’s productions are presented in partnership with other organisations, promoters, or charitable bodies. We will let them know about your booking and, if necessary for the smooth running of an event, share your name and contact details with them. We may, for example, inform venue if you require wheelchair access or if you have any other special requirements. They, however, cannot contact you directly, unless you expressly request that they do so. We will not share any sensitive information or your payment details.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer, Blas Barragan, Jr., at [email protected].
Changes to this privacy notice
This policy will be periodically reviewed and updated as the needs of our visitors grows. We will make every effort to inform visitors to the website of updates to the policy, but we advise you to please revisit this document periodically. Please also feel free to contact our data protection officer, Blas Barragan, Jr., at any time with any queries at [email protected].
This policy was last reviewed on 18 April 2019.